This site contains most of my paper models that I have started creating since June 2010.

Here, I must give my thanks to Cowboyleland for his brilliant idea on making 2.5d figures that are easy to build and look good from most angles. His method has been applied to make figures such as the wererat, snakeman, ghoul and praying mantis. My thanks also go to many friends I met in Onemonk (http://onemonk.com/) and forum (http://cardboard-warriors.proboards.com/) for their support and inspiration!

For the time being I can only post the finished products in this blog. In future, I hope that I can include more works in progress and also more essays on how to make these models.

I hope you enjoy this site!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Air, Fire, Water, Earth Elementals!

With powerful elemental magic, creatures from the elemental realms are now summoned to aid you in the conquest of the fantasy world! 
They are now available at: http://www.4shared.com/document/P5x0zphQ/elementals.html
Enjoy!







Notes

Thanks a lot for the comments!

For the bases, I have just uploaded a page with three different sizes:


Actually, it is from Scarecrow's Elder Thing paper model on Onemonk's forum.  The model is available at:
http://cardboard-warriors.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=scarecrow&action=display&thread=1226
The Elder Thing is the first 3d paper model I have ever built and it is still gracing my bookshelf.  To match with this very first model, I have used the base for my subsequent projects. 

Building notes for Air Elemental

The air elemental is made of two parts, the upper stormy cone and the lower cylinderical body.

The upper cone is formed from two cones (the circular discs), one with texture inside and one with outside.  Then the two cones are glued together to form the upper part.  Finally, a few cuts (less than 1/3 of the cone's radius) are made along the white stormy lines to make the storm more life-like.

The lower part is basically a cylinder with the upper side bigger than the lower side.  Then apply glue to the edge of the upper side and glue the upper cone to it.  Finally, apply glue on the lower edge of the cylinder and mount the model to a base.  Enjoy!





13 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm especially a fan of the water and air elementals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. Keep doing the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your site and wanted to let you know... these are... spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Thanks for sharing! I think I'll make these with my grandson; he doesn't have any cool big minis (I know, bad grandpa...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Downloaded, printed out, cut out, darned if I can figure out how to put the air elemental together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are these paper models still available? When I try to DL from 4shared, I get a message saying:
    The file link that you requested is not valid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how can i make a papercraft template like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The file link that you requested is not valid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you, now I can have my own medieval fantasy kingdom

    ReplyDelete